Children & Worship
We affirm that children are part of the body of Christ and are welcomed, celebrated and included in worship and worship leadership.
Children in Kindergarten and older are invited to participate in all our worship services. As part of this commitment to welcome and include children in our worship, we offer many worship education tools for children and their parents.
Children Worship Too! is a worship education class for children and their parents. As children “graduate” from nursery care to worship participation, this program supports, educates, and prepares families to worship together. Classes are available each fall prior to Advent.
Welcome-to-Worship Tote Bags
Welcome-to-Worship tote bags are provided on our narthex “tree” for our K-2nd graders (blue bags) and our 3rd-5th graders (red bags). Each bag is equipped with a children’s Bible, crayons, clipboard, and seasonal information. Children may receive an age appropriate activity sheet from the Usher.
Infants through Pre-K
Tender Loving Childcare is provided by the FPC Nursery ministry for our families who choose that option. Our youngest members enjoy in three spacious classrooms for infants, toddlers and pre-Kindergarten children. Classrooms are well-staffed and age-appropriately equipped. All paid staff members are CPR certified and have been thoroughly screened. Care is provided for worship services and many other church-wide events. To help us better care for your child, please complete the Child Information Form. If you would like more information about our FPC Nurseries, including what to bring and what to expect, please see the information at the bottom of this page.
General Nursery Information
When you arrive, check-in with the childcare staff in Room 101.
- A Child Information Form is required to be on file for every child in our care.
- Children will be signed in and out. For your child’s safety, take a pager provided by the childcare staff and please remain on the church campus so that we may contact you in the event of an emergency.
- Let the childcare staff know of any concerns or allergies.
- Provide diapers, bottles, change of clothes, special blanket or toy etc, for your infant or toddler.
- A healthy snack will be provided for Pre-K children and toddlers who are eating table foods.
- Parents and members are invited to “pay it forward” by volunteering to assist staff members on Sunday mornings. You may contact the Church Educator if you would like to volunteer or have more questions about our FPC Nursery and Preschool Ministries. Volunteering to serve allows all our parents to participate in worship.
- You may download our volunteer schedule here: Nursery Volunteer Schedule.